Looking for an air purifier that also heats and cools the air? Look no further than the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link 3-in-1 Air Purifier.
There are few 3-in-1 devices on the market, and as far as quality is concerned, this is the only we would recommend for that. Dyson is known for futuristic award winning design and innovation, and this product falls in line; however, there are a few drawbacks.
The Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link 3-in-1 Air Purifier uses a HEPA filter, that removes up to 99.97 percent of particles .3 microns or larger (however, it isn’t certified as TrueHEPA). It boasts 360 degree functionality and can filter air from all angles. This de-emphasizes the importance of where to place your air purifier. The Pure Hot + Cool Link also contains an activated carbon filter, however it has been found by some users to be relatively worse than other similar filters in dealing with household smells.
Click here to see the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link 3-in-1 Air Purifier on Amazon.com
While Dyson boasts about the quietness of this unit, we’ve found it is not meaningfully different from other air purifiers. We don’t have decibel information available. It isn’t loud per se, but most air purifiers operate in the same range, including this one.
The unit can automatically switch itself on when it sense air purity levels are below a certain standard. It can also turn itself on if it detects the temperature is out of your desired range. There is a SMART version of this air purifier available, which you can control through an app on your mobile devices. There is also a digital display to alert to you when it’s time to change the filters, and to display the temperature.
Dyson offers a 30-day money back guarantee, which should be enough time for you to test it out. If it doesn’t work, then you should return it. Additionally, Dyson also provides a free limited 2-year warranty, covering labor and replacement parts, but excluding the filters. This warranty is better than most other air purifiers available, and you are signed up automatically via the app on the SMART version.
- The most obvious advantage is the 3-in-1 functionality. This saves on device costs if you need 3 separate devices, and will also save space in your home or office.
- HEPA filter and activated carbon filter, though the HEPA is not TrueHEPA certified
- 360 degree functionality makes placement less of a concern
- There are SMART and remote control options available
- Like all Dyson products, looks great, and let’s face it, it’s cool to own Dyson
- 30-day money back guarantee and limited 2-year warranty, which the app signs you up for
- Very portable
- It is expensive compared to other air purifiers in its class
- Its replacement filters are quite expensive, so if you use it a lot, then the lifetime cost will be much more expensive than other units
- Some users have found the app is awkward to use
- Other users have found the fan is not powerful enough, though this should improve on updated versions
- If you have kids running around, this looks like a toy and could be damaged
As far as the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link 3-in-1 Air Purifier is concerned, it can do the job, but there is better bang for your buck out there. This is especially true if you already have heating and cooling solutions in your home. If you have serious respiratory or environmental issues, you’ll probably want to rely on a more powerful HEPA and carbon filter. On the other hand, the device packs in a lot of functionality and design, and if you want to save space, and happen to need all 3 devices. Why not?